Seaforth Camping Reserve
Seaforth is a quaint beachfront town that is also one of the most popular recreational fishing destinations in the Mackay region.
It is the ideal location to launch a boat to explore the beautiful Newry Island group, via the boat ramp at Victor Creek.
Seaforth facilities include a bowls club, public swimming enclosure and nearby public toilets.
The camping grounds are located right on the edge of the beach with amazing ocean views.
Fees and charges
- Daily camp site (up to a max of six persons per site) - $28
- Weekly camp site (up to a max of six persons per site) - $166
- Additional persons (adult or child per day) - $17
- Schools / non-profit community groups or clubs (per head per stay) - $9
Take the RV survey
Have your say and help shape the Mackay region’s Recreational Vehicle (RV) Strategy.
Planning is under way to identify and prioritise key actions that will enable the Mackay region to increase its appeal to the growing recreational vehicle (RV) market. Council welcomes your input and invites you to complete a short survey to contribute to shaping the future of the RV industry.
Click here to complete the short survey at Connecting Mackay. The survey is open until Wednesday, February 8.
- Payment of camping fees confirms your acceptance of these guidelines. Please make sure you obtain a receipt for your stay and a copy of these guidelines.
- Enjoy your stay up to a maximum of six (6) weeks (holiday purposes or travellers only).
- The camping attendant/Seaforth police/council officers have the right to ask anyone causing a disturbance to leave the camping reserve (Subordinate Local Law 4 - Local Government Controlled Areas, Facilities and Roads 2011).
- There must be at least one person over the age of 18 camping (at all times) per site.
- Maximum six campers per site. An extra site fee is required for more than six. Refer to current camping fees.
- Please have consideration for others and keep noise to a minimum after 10pm.
- A total fire ban is now in force.
- Generators with a maximum noise level output of 65dB are permitted between the hours of 7am to 7pm.
- Dogs are permitted at the Seaforth Camping Reserve in the dedicated dog-friendly area.
- Check-in from 11am, check-out by 10am.
Dump point locations
There are a number of options available for caravan and motorhome sullage sites in the Mackay region. Click here for more information.
Bookings for Seaforth Camping Reserve can be made three months in advance (maximum).
Phone 0427 373 358 or (07) 4966 4359 to make a booking. EFTPOS is available at Seaforth Booking Office.
Note - Campers can check in from 11am and must check out by 10am.
The booking office is located on-site and bookings can only be made between the hours of 8am and 6pm.
A campground attendant is also available during these times, seven days a week, including public holidays.