Sugar Bowl Mackay
This $2.2 million skate park will be a state-of-the-art facility that features a three metre competition bowl, intermediate bowl and a street run almost 80m long.
It is anticipated to attract state and national events, and is already scheduled to host Rumble on the Reef (the street skateboarding finals) in September 2018.
The park has been designed with a community focus and currently features plenty of other recreational activities for those who don’t skate, including a full-size multi-sports court, informal grassed play area, climbing wall, parkour equipment, nature play area, ping pong, barbecue and picnic areas.
Features of the new park will include:
- Competition Bowl
- Intermediate (Mini) Bowl
- Street Circuit
- Parkour Area
- Multipurpose Court
- Climbing and Hit Up Walls
- Terrace and Spectator Areas
- Stage for Events
- Picnic Facilities
The park is located at 33 Norris Road Park Access, North Mackay, adjacent to the Mackay PCYC.
The $2.2 million project is jointly funded by Australian Government’s Building Better Regions Fund and Mackay Regional Council.
- Award of Construction Contract - Late February 2018
- Construction Commencement - Late March 2018
- Practical Completion & Opening - Early September 2018
- Queensland Street Skate Championships - Sept 25 – 29 2018