Mackay Region Planning Scheme 2017 version 4.0
The Mackay Region Planning Scheme helps us manage growth, plan for a sustainable future and guide the way land is used and developed in the Mackay region.
Council resolved to adopt version 4.0 of the planning scheme on April 13, 2022. Version 4.0 commenced on April 26, 2022. Details of all planning scheme amendments adopted and commenced since the commencement of the planning scheme in 2017 can be viewed here.
- Mackay Region Planning Scheme 2017 version 4.0 – PDF document
- Mackay Region Planning Scheme 2017 version 4.0 – PDF maps
- Planning scheme policies
- Applications on a Heritage place
- User guides
- Adopted charges
- Stay informed
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request version 4.0 the planning scheme in an alternative file format.
The Mackay Region Planning Scheme does not apply to:
- priority development areas of Andergrove and Mackay Waterfront. Development in these areas are regulated under the Economic Development Act 2012.
- strategic port land at the Port of Mackay and Port of Hay Point. Development in these areas are regulated under the Transport Infrastructure Act 1994.
- airport land at the Mackay Airport. Development at the Mackay Airport is regulated by the Airport Assets (Restructuring and Disposal) Act 2008.
For more information about the Mackay Region Planning Scheme 2017, please contact council's Planning Advice team.